TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
- A R7 500 Breakage Deposit is added to your Rental Total. The Breakage Deposit is refundable post departure in accordance with the post- departure check.
- An R800 Final Clean Fee is added to your Rental Total. This is to cover the cost of the post- departure cleaning service.
- The balance of the Rental Total is required 30 days prior to your Arrival Date, unless otherwise stated.
- Failure to comply with the terms of payment can result in the cancellation of the reservation and the forfeiture of the deposit.
- Rental Deposits are non-refundable in the event of cancellation by the Tenant. Should Harcourts Platinum Erinvale manage to re-let the premises for the same period and rate, a refund may be made after the occupation date. A minimum administration fee of 20% plus VAT of the total rental will however be forfeited.
- Upon confirmation of your Rental, a 50% Rental Deposit is required within 7 working days to secure the booking.
- The Agent is irrevocably instructed to pay the Rental Deposit to the Owner within 7 working days of receipt of such payment after deduction of any charges due to the Agent. The Tenant confirms that he has been advised that no monies will be retained by the Agent and in the event of a dispute regarding the refund of any amounts paid to the Owner or a portion thereof, the Agent is indemnified by both parties against any claims in this regard.
- The accommodation is available from 2:00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Keys are to be collected on arrival and returned on departure at the offices of Harcourts Platinum Erinvale, 1 Guardian Crescent, Erinvale Estate, Somerset West. The Tenant must secure the premises thoroughly on departure.
- It is acknowledged that Harcourts Platinum Erinvale has described the accommodation to the tenant and that the tenant has the right to check the accommodation prior to making the booking. There will, therefore, be no grounds for cancellation on arrival.
- The Landlord acknowledges that on arrival, the property and contents are in good order and condition and the Tenant acknowledges they will be responsible for any losses and/or damages. A full inventory of the property is available to the Tenant.
- During your stay neither Harcourts Platinum Erinvale, nor the owner of the property can be held liable for any injuries or accidents that occur during your stay on Erinvale. The Tenant, hereby indemnifies the owners and Harcourts Platinum Erinvale against any accidental damage and/or personal liability during their stay.
- Should any visitors join you during your holiday, it has to be reported to the office and R150 per person per night, will be charged, unless otherwise approved in writing.
- The number of tenants may not exceed persons unless otherwise arranged.
- No pets will be allowed.
- DSTV and WIFI will be available. However, not all houses are uncapped and should you need to top-up the data it will be for your account.
- A cleaning service will be assigned to your property once a week, unless otherwise arranged.
- The Tenant acknowledges that they are bound by all municipal rules and regulations as prescribed by the City of Cape Town. The Tenant assumes full responsibility for any and all such costs and damages suffered by the property owner resulting from their contravention of municipal rules, regulations, and restrictions.
- Although drought restrictions have been lifted, it is still asked that a conscious effort is made to use water sparingly and to keep water conservation in mind at all times.
- The Tenant acknowledges that the Constitution and the Rules of the Erinvale Home Owners Association and the Erinvale Golf Club are available to them and are binding on them and their guests. It is the Tenants’ responsibility to acquaint themselves with the Constitution and Rules.
- Golf tee-off times are limited and no guarantee can be given that the Tenant will be able to play on the course.
- Golf bookings can be made through the Harcourts Platinum Erinvale office, at the Standard Tour Operator rates.
- Golf carts are not included in the rent unless agreed upon in writing prior to the time. The owner is under no obligation to have it in running condition.
- Persons not in possession of a valid driver’s license are not allowed to drive golf carts on the Estate.
- The Tenant indemnifies Harcourts Platinum Erinvale, the owner of the property, the Erinvale Home Owners Association and the Erinvale Golf Club against any injury, loss, damage or any claims arising during the above rental period.
- The Tenant must ensure the property is well secured and all lights are switched off on departure.
- A full check of the property, as well as a full inventory is performed by Harcourts Platinum Erinvale once the Tenant has departed.
- Any breakages will be deducted from the R7 500 Breakage Deposit.
- On confirmation from the Landlord, the Breakage Deposit will be refunded to the Tenant, minus any necessary deductions incurred.